SIDE NOTE: What main ingredients do you all use in your meatloaf? I use onion soup mix, spicy brown mustard, ketchup, meatloaf mix (blend of pork, beef, and veal), worcestershire sauce (I had to look up the spelling for that one), and italian bread crumbs. I remember an episode of "Roseanne" where she used corn flakes, but I thought it was Frosted Flakes and that weirded me out so I never tried that, lol.
- Ok, mix all your ingredients until well blended. Prep a cookie sheet with a large piece of aluminum foil. It needs to be large enough to fold over the loaf lengthwise and then fold up ends to create a pocket.
- Place 5-6 bacon slices side by side on the foil.
- Place your loaf on top of the middle of the strips of bacon.
- (See pic below) bring ends of bacon to meet on top of meatloaf.
- Fold foil over the loaf lengthwise and then fold up ends to create a pocket (See pic below).
- Bake in preheated oven at 400º for about 45min.
- Carefully open foil (hot steam will come out) and then broil for a few minutes to brow the bacon.