Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year, New Website

I've been working on this for a few months off and on. I'm running a business 6 days a week, so I do what I can when I can. I liked my old site so I wasn't in a hurry to replace it. But I wanted a fresh look and easier navigation. Over the last two years, I have gotten better at explaining Gumdrop Swap's unique service and place in the children's resale industry. I believe the new site conveys that. I tried to sprinkle in some of my humor (sarcasm). Please let me know what you think!

The home page features a video from youtube produced by AVP (American View Productions) to promote businesses in Bridgeport, CT. But it's meant to be subtle instead of a commercial. You get to meet the real small business owners in an organic way and its not blatant advertising. Other businesses featured were: Magnolia Cafe (formerly Flour & Flower), Rainy Faye Bookstore, Metric (Grill & Bar), and Amici Miei. The crew was professional and we recorded everything in about six hours in one day. We hope to make a series of these videos as we start a merchant association.

 

I'm excited about what 2012 holds. There are a few secret projects I can't reveal yet. I have taken on some graphic design jobs when I've had the time. I'm doing the layouts for an independent magazine that features music, artists and fashion called ZWEI (pronounced "zw-eye" it means 2 in German). I have some time to take on a few graphic design projects if anyone needs a logo or website please contact me. I even created a Facebook fan page for my Graphic Design work. I'm going to redesign GiftofGabby.com next. That site is about 6 years old. Who needs sleep?


Please pray for me and my endeavors. I support small businesses whenever I can. I really believe the key to rebuilding the American economy is entrepreneurship and strong local communities. I hope you all have a prosperous new year as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment