Friday, June 4, 2010

Easy Dinner Suggestion - Smithfield Pork Sirloin

I am so busy these days. So I try to save time (and money) wherever I can. I aim to make meals that take less than 30 min to prepare and love to figure out shortcuts. For instance, instead of ordering wings from a restaurant, I have been buying the frozen ones. Microwaving makes them gross and soggy. Frying is fatty. Instead of following the instructions (who can wait 20 minutes for wings in the oven?) I set the oven to broil while I microwave the wings and then I broil them a few minutes on each side to get the crispiness. It cuts the oven baking cook time in half!

Ok, so when grocery shopping the other day I decided to try a marinated pork loin from Smithfield (Garlic & Herb). The instructions tell you to bake at 425 degrees for 20 min for every pound. The one I got weighed 1.44 lbs so I cooked about 30 min. It did not instruct me to let the meat rest but I know this is a good idea for any loin. It keep the moisture in and finishes the cooking process. I'm usually not a fan of pre-seasoned store bought meats. I'm very picky in the way things are seasoned. Probably saltier than most folks prefer. There was a hint of rosemary and bold, savory flavor. I highly recommend this product.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog! I'm now following from MBC.

    Have a great day!
    DigiMom
    www.digicrumbs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. I'm going to have to try this. Thanx for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meals in 30 minutes or less are always a good thing! Sounds great!

    Following you back!

    ReplyDelete