Thursday, June 21, 2012

Holding Pattern...

Patience is a virtue that I don't possess. Funny thing is, only way to get patience is to learn to WAIT. The good news is, I surpassed the 250 required votes to qualify for the Mission: Small Business grant contest. And it was no easy feat. I begged harassed reminded people daily on Facebook. With 700 FB "friends" and over 3000 "Fans" for Gumdrop Swap's Facebook Fan Page, I thought getting 250 votes would be a breeze. I'm sure Facebook's new "Pay to Promote" posts fleecing of businesses, had something to do with the majority of my fans not seeing my posts but geez.... I was practically begging once I hit 200. I can accept if I'm not chosen as a recipient but I would have been so disappointed if I didn't even qualify. Thankfully, people came through. THANK YOU if you voted and especially if you asked others to vote for me! Winning this grant will be amazing for the 12 small businesses that are selected. Now, for the hard part... waiting until September for the announcement. It's going to be a long summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment