Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Apple Pie Pancakes

I love adding fresh fruit to pancakes. We usually use blueberries or raspberries. But since it's apple season and I had apples available I decided to try something new. This recipe is so easy and screams fall.

INGREDIENTS:
  • Aunt Jemima instant pancake mix 
  • 1 apple 
  • syrup or whipped cream
  • cinnamon
  • about 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of unsalted 
  • 1 pan for apples, 1 pan for pancakes
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Prepare pancake mix as the box instructs (I made enough for 12-16 pancakes)
  2. Peel apple and slice thinly discarding the core
  3. Melt butter in med-high skillet
  4. Coast apple slices with cinnamon and add to hot butter
  5. Begin browning apples and sprinkle brown sugar as you stir until apples are soft
  6. Let cool and mix with pancake batter
  7. Prepare 2nd pan with oil and prepare pancakes as usual
I hope you enjoy this savory and sweet spin on your usual pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment