Tuesday, January 25, 2011

RECIPE: Everybody in the Pool! Easy 15 min recipe.

This is another "clean out the fridge before the veggies go bad" dish. And by using a steam-in-the-bag shortcut I was able to complete in less than 15 min!

The point is to use fresh veggies like broccoli, roasted red peppers and squash to make a colorful and healthy dish. I try to think of my dishes as vegetarian with meat (lol) meaning chocked full of fresh veggies but an addition of meat for flavor and because I married a carnivore and I was raised on meat and starch so its hard for me to feel full if there isn't meat. Does that make me weird? If not, there are a laundry list of other things that do so I've got that covered.

What you need:
  • A large pot with cover
  • (Optional) Turkey Kielbasa sliced small or chopped
  • Med white onion chopped
  • 1 fresh bunch of broccoli cut into florets and pieces of stalk
  • 1 jar of roasted red pepper cut into smaller pieces (I used Table Joy brand)
  • 2 yellow squash or zucchini sliced or chopped
  • 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth (replace with oil from red pepper jar for vegan version)
  • Cooked rice or my shortcut Steam-in-Bag white rice with peas, corn, and carrots

Directions:
1. Cook rice and put side
2. (Skip to #3 if doing vegan version) Slice kielbasa then cut slices in half and begin browning in med-high pot
3. Add chopped onion and chicken broth (or oil from jar of roasted red pepper) and cover
4. Add chopped squash and roasted red pepper, stir well
5 Add broccoli, stir well
6. Incorporate your cooked rice, stir well, recover for about 5 min then Serve!

Save up to 80% on custom printed products at Vistaprint. Order today!
Get Paid to Tweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment